Groundbreaking history


FISCHER demonstrated its flair for elegant and grand designs from the moment the company was founded in 1956. Beginning with the processing of glass, the company has grown in the course of the past 60 years to become a market specialist for exalted surface technologies.

 
  • 2017

    Complete brand re-launch of the FISCHER Group including modern corporate design and a new Internet presence

  • December 2016

    The FISCHER Group was purchased by Deutsche Private Equity GmbH (DPE).

  • 2014/2015

    Renewed expansion of the site in Liberec to include a third electroplating complex. The completion of the expansion and the commencement of series production took place in April 2015.

  • 2012/2013

    Sale of the site in Taunusstein where the company was founded and relocation of all legal offices of the German companies to Katzenelnbogen by May 2013.

  • 2008/2009

    Expansion of the Czech electroplating plant in response to the high demand in Eastern Europe. Series production commenced one year later, i.e. in 2009.

  • 2003

    Expansion of the German electroplating site through the acquisition of an injection moulding site in Seelbach (administrative district of Rhineland-Palatinate). This plant becomes the main injection moulding site for electroplated parts as well as other in-house services.

  • 2000

    Intensified development and production of system parts as well as the expansion of electroplating to incorporate network partners.

  • 1999

    First opening of an electroplating plant abroad and development of the electroplating market in Eastern Europe: Galvanoplast FISCHER Bohemia k.s

  • 1996

    Demolition and rebuilding of the electroplating production facility following a major fire.

  • 1993

    Expansion of plastic electroplating in Katzenelnbogen (administrative district of Rhineland-Palatinate) and electroplating of large series production for the automotive industry.

  • 1990s

    Management of the company transferred to sons Erwin and Peter Fischer.

  • 1972

    Commissioning of the first plastic electroplating system in Taunusstein-Wingsbach (administrative district of Hesse) as well as a successful provider of subcontracted electroplating.

  • 1970s

    As one of the pioneers, the FISCHER Group sees the potential in plastic electroplating.

  • 1956

    Rudolf Fischer establishes the FISCHER Group in the field of glass processing.

 
 

The new premium


More than 60 years' experience and regular optimisation and perfection now unite to become the surface partner that surpasses all demands. For you, we are continuously improving in terms of our work processes for surface finishing and as a company. All our employees play their part in this. We think progressively and look for new ways of further refining the end result for surfaces.

 

Certifications


FISCHER’s results in plastic electroplating are impressive on account of their first-class quality, their look and their precision. All FISCHER works are assessed according to the applicable standards and are certified in the category of electroplating and injection moulding of plastic parts.

These certifications, for example, include the ISO/TS 16949, ISO 14001, ISO 9001 as well as ISO 50001/energy management. Impeccable quality is a basic requirement - particularly in the sophisticated automotive industry. The ISO/TS certification combines all of the key quality management system requirements within the automotive industry. In principle, the criteria specified therein reflect stipulations on the part of renowned automotive manufacturers such as VW, BWM and Daimler.